Monday, October 24, 2011

Irresponsibility in San Francisco



Woops.  Epic fail.  So much for saving money!  Somehow I came home with a new, rather spendy, wallet.  I love it but yeah.... it was NOT in the budget.

Ok folks, this was my first time in San Francisco!  A couple of years ago, on my 30 before 30 list, I put "spend a weekend in San Francisco" on the list.  I didn't manage to get it done prior to 30, but just a week after turning 31 I finally made it!  I'm not sure why I wanted to visit there so badly, but apparently gut feelings are usually right.  What an amazing place!  The trip started out with an upgrade to first class.  Free wine and yummy food courtesy of Virgin America.  (best airline EVER, in my opinion.)  Landed in SF, met up with my girlfriend and headed in to the city.  Of course the first thing we did was have a celebratory class of vin followed by some birthday shopping.  That night we went out to 5A5 Steakhouse and then back to the Redwood room for drinks.  Believe it or not, but I shut down the bar.  The last time I was in a bar when the lights came on was..... oh lord, I don't even remember!  Woops!

The next morning we dragged ourselves out of bed to go see the sights.  We stopped in Chinatown for lunch and had some delicious fare.  We then walked the entire way to Fisherman's Wharf where we sat outside and sipped a lovely pinot noir.  On our walk back we walked through North Beach/Little Italy.  So cute!  We just had to stop for another glass of vin before heading back to the hotel to get ready for the night.  Saturday night we headed out to the Tipsy Pig (cutest name ever, IMHO) and then to Tacolicious.  We headed back to the Redwood Room (we stayed at the Clift, so that was easy) but then decided we had enough and went upstairs to pack/sleep.  Sunday was a short day so we ventured out to Cafe de la Presse for some yummy French breakfast.  Seriously, so cute. 

I have to say I'm fairly obsessed with SF.  SO cute, reminded me a lot of NYC.  And I'm sure it didn't hurt that the weather was PERFECT!  80 and sunny.  It really doesn't get better than that for a girls' weekend b-day trip! 

Now I am seriously out of cash for a minute so no more trips for a while.  That is A-OK with me b/c I'm a little burned out.  I think I slept for 11 hours last night and could have stayed in bed all day except for this deposition prep. 

Ok, back to work for me.  Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

XoXo,

L

No comments: