Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lovely b-days

30 came and went with only a tad bit of drama.  I woke up that morning to a yummy nonfat latte from Starbucks and a balloon clipped to the dog's collar!  O. EM. GEE!  Cutest thing ever.  (Oh, and a stunning necklace.)  Then... I realized it was Monday and I had to go to work.  My attitude changed and I declared it the worst birthday ever.  (Un peu dramatic.)  After that "episode" I received tons of birthday wishes and the best card ever from mon ami and that evening we opened a bottle of our best wine (Le Petit Rouge from Masset Winery) and then headed to Spinasse, where the chef is one of Food and Wine Magazine's 2010 best new chefs!  Needless to say I got over the silly "worst day ever" attitude pretty quickly ;-)

Now, this was my first time at Spinasse and I had heard nothing but how great the staff is and how the food is beyond amazing.  I am not going to complain about the food at all, but I do have to say, they screwed up our reservation.  This is the kind of place that even on a Monday you have to have a reservation for a table.  At first they just couldn't find it, but then they realized they had made it for Monday, October 18, instead of the 11th.  It was my 30th! birthday so there was NO WAY the amazing bf screwed that up.  It just isn't possible; that is not something he would do.  So anyway, we sat at the counter, which is FINE on a normal night, but on my bday I would have preferred a table!  (The counter is SO small and you are crammed in there...) While the food was, what I might have to call, the best pasta I have ever had, including in Italy, I was disappointed that they KNEW it was my 30th birthday and they didn't even comp a drink for screwing up the reservation.  It just bugged me.  You would think that they would offer something after messing something that big up.  Or even say something???  Sorry we screwed that up???  But, nope.  Nada.  Nothing.  OK, I'm over it, but I thought I would share what an annoyance that was!

Anyway, so this Saturday a HUGE group of friends and I are going to Teatro ZinZanni!  A Cirque de Soleil style show with a 5 course dinner by Tom Douglass.  I am SO excited!  I feel like I should get my hair blown out or get a tiara or something!  Or maybe this giant zit I have will just go away.... zits and wrinkles, is this what my 30s are going to entail?  ha!

1 comment:

The Depressed Yogi said...

First, that pic is adorable. Second, yay 30!!!!!! I hope you embrace it with open arms, my love. 30 is the new 20 anyway ;)