Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall Love

Greetings lovelies and friends!  It has been quite some time since I posted anything on my blog.  My weeks have been so busy and full of fun and exciting little treats.  Work is busy also :-)

I love fall, it is my favorite time of the year.  The changing leaves, the brisk air, my birthday, Halloween, and of course, Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday.  I love having a four day weekend.  I love eating all of the amazing comfort food.  And mostly, I love the concept of taking one day out of the year to think about everything in life you are grateful and thankful for.  Why don't we do this more often?  This is something that is often brought up in yoga class or in the vast majority of self improvement books but for some reason, having one holiday set out specifically for this, really makes me think. 

I cannot believe the close of 2010 is upon us.  Where did the year go?  So many wonderful happenings in 2010.  Life is pretty good right now. 

So, I want to know, what are you THANKFUL for?  Family?  Friends?  Having enough food to eat?  Warm clothes? 

For me, I am thankful for my current life.  I am thankful that I have friends, family, and I am always trying to be a better version of myself.  The next year I am going to work on minimilizing my life.  Do I need three planners?  15 coats I don't wear regularly?  3 new books a week?  Not likely.  Have any of you started thinking about what you will be THANKFUL for in 2011?  Dream it and you can achieve it!  Or, as I like to say, go big or go home.

XoXo,

LG

No comments: