Monday, October 11, 2010

The big 3-0


I made it.  I'm no longer in my 20s.  This is kind of a crazy feeling.  I'm not quite sure why this is such a big birthday for me.  I feel like Rachel in that Friend's episode where she is refusing to turn 30 and someone says "We all turned 30 like big kids".... or, like Bridget Jones when she says "Now that I'm in my 30s I can handle my liquor" then proceeds to fall out of the cab hammered.  What is it about getting older?  Yoga is a tad bit harder, body fat wants to stick around.  On the other hand, I no longer wear clothes that are not made for me (flowy items come immediately to mind) and I stand up for myself way more than I did 10 years ago.  There are two sides to every coin and I think the biggest thing for me is staying positive and upbeat, knowing that I have amazing friends, a wonderful man in my life, great family and a successful career. 

Also lovelies, I am going to start reading French lit.  I didn't get my travel writing class signed up for (I had way too many expenses in the past month, including a trip to Vegas and a trip to Hawaii) so I need to do something that makes me think.  I'm starting fairly easy with Madam Bovary.  My plan is to get through it by the end of October.  Do any of you have interesting hobbies that people might think are quirky?  I'm sure French lit is a quirk!  Madame Bovary (Penguin Classics)

1 comment:

Katness said...

Welcome to the club! Mine was few months ago already and I'm over it :), but I think life really starts after 30. Think positive. Happt Belated BDay!