Monday, October 12, 2009

Turning 29....

So, this is the last year of my 20s. Everyone says that they are happiest in their 30s so we shall see. It is a bit depressing for some reason. I think it is hard to give it up -- not sure what, but something. My whole life I wanted to be in my twenties, I don't want to be 30 next year. I realize that I sound like a whiny spoiled brat saying that, but there is something daunting about realizing this is the last year of my 20s and I have not accomplished anything near what I wanted to at this point in my life. That, in and of itself, should make me want to work harder, instead, it makes me want to hide under the covers and wait for the bad dream to pass. What is it about birthdays? And I actually had the best birthday of my life. I got to spend a week in Cabo, went to dinner with my bf and best friends and watched the Seahawks beat some ass yesterday at Qwest Field! Still.... today, the day after all the excitement is done, I feel...... BLAH. Majorly BLAH. I took the entire week off to focus on myself. At first, it felt like the best thing I could ever have done. One day into it I feel nervous, unsettled, sad. Sort of like the old cat lady.

Do birthdays have this effect on anyone else? Does anyone have any advice on getting my butt motivated instead of feeling sorry for myself? What should I do the rest of the week with this time off that I should be so grateful for?

No comments: