Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Inspiration

Lately I have been thinking a lot about how to make things happen in my life. I understand the concept of "The Secret." I understand that I am not a victim, that life doesn't happen to me and that I MAKE IT HAPPEN. My questions recently are more around, what is it I want? How do I figure out the direction I want my life to take? It is easy to say things like, I want X (material items) but much harder to say, I want X out of life. I mean, what if what I want is a mistake?

And, in areas of my life where I am close, am I afraid? Am I afraid of change? The answer to this is a resounding YES. I am afraid. I have something that is great but, as all things, has aspects that aren't perfect. And, I am afraid to ask for what I want. I'm afraid that if I do things will go totally awry. I'm afraid I don't know how to ask or articulate it properly.

Have you guys listened to Leona Lewis's new song Happy? That sound is inspiration. And so true. I need to NOT be afraid. I need to realize that asking for what I want is OK and not doing that is only making me more afraid.

OK, deep breathes. Here's to no longer being afraid!

No comments: