Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Review



This weekend was absolutely perfect!  The weather, the company, the events.  The weekend started a bit early as I took off around noon on Friday to get ready for my parents.  I stopped by the Pro Shop and picked up a new Seahawks jersey and a Seahawks shirt for my dad.  I then headed to Whole Foods to pick up stuff for dinner.  Oh, and spent over $100.00.  How is that possible?!?!?  After that I got home, cleaned up and by that point I needed a brief rest so I sat in our sun room/office and before I knew it my parents were here.

We spent some time catching up and then went to Restoration Hardware to return some clock my mom bought.  After we got home we opened a bottle of wine and just caught up.  The weather was perfect and I couldn't have ask for better food.  For dinner we made grass-fead new york strip steaks, lobster tails, shrimp, zucchini cooked with mint and sauteed onions.  YUM (and a bit excessive!)

Saturday morning I made breakfast for everyone, which included an egg scramble with cheddar and basil, then my mom and I headed downtown to get some shopping in!  We hit up the usual spots, Nordstrom and Pacific place then also hit up All Saints and Anthropologie.  I only ended up getting a couple things at JCrew but overall it was a successful shopping trip.  We had lunch at Nordstrom Cafe and then headed back up the hill to rest before the game.

Saturday night was SO FUN.  We took the bus and train to Century Link and got to the game pretty early.  We immediately got some wine (and beer for my dad) and headed to our seats.



Yep, that is Pete Carroll.  Dreamy.  The Seahawks lost so that sucked, but oh well.  Much wine was consumed as well as clams and chips from Ivars!  (NOT healthy at all!)

Yesterday we got up and went to Coastal Kitchen and I had my usual Big Sur omelet made with egg whites, which has fresh avocado and tomato and a dollop of sour cream!  My parents headed home and I went to Trader Joes to stock up for the week.  After we made lunch I sat down on the couch, hoping to rest for 30 minutes or so, but woke up at 4:00 p.m.!!!!  Starving.  So, I finally showered and we headed downtown to get Japanese.  I had sashimi and a seaweed salad while the bf had yellowtail collar and brown rice.  Overall, it was a fabulous weekend.

Today the morning started off right.


Oatmeal, protein powder, ground flax, cinnamon, unsweetened almond milk and blueberries.

Things I'm looking forward to this week:

-  Getting back into my routine
-  Crossfit
-  Yoga
-  Getting paid (shopping and Whole Foods were hard on the pocket book this month ;-))
-  Sun
-  Healthy eats

Hope everyone had a fab weekend.  What are YOU looking forward to this week?

XoXo

LG

No comments: