Monday, June 27, 2011

La Dolce Vita

Today was my first day back in the office after having three weeks off.  During my time off I had planned on accomplishing a lot more, but I'll take what I can get ;-) 

Week in review:

June 20 - Greenlake with Beau-dog

June 21 - Worked out with Ms. Angie Lewis, read "The Art of Non-conformity" and spotted two bald eagles on my drive across the 520 floating bridge

June 22 - Again worked out with Ms. Angie Lewis, took my new Garmin for a spin (about 2.7 miles), and made these delicious cupcakes, courtesy of Sweet Tooth Sweet Life!  (I didn't let them cool enough before putting the icing on!  Bummer!)



June 23 - Took the day off from working out but made Julia Child's coq au vin for dinner! 


June 24 - Took Beau-dog for a run.  We did a hair short of 4 miles in about 44 minutes! 

June 25 - Worked on rental house stuff for most of the day with the bf. 

June 26 - Took Beau-dog to the off leash swim park!  He loved it, I thought he wasn't going to come back for a minute! 

I have really been thinking about what I want out of life lately.  I would say that I have a nice life.  I created this life.  But, there are certainly parts that need work.  I'm very outcome driven and it is hard for me to enjoy the process of changing things.  I have been trying to slow down and enjoy getting to the outcome but it is a very hard thing for me to do.  As always, as a Libra I strive for balance.
I also have been struggling with the question of "what do I enjoy?"  What feeds me?  Makes me lose track of time?  How did I spend the rest of my time last week?  Reading, reading blogs, researching foods to cook, desserts to bake, napping, watching House Hunters!  Seriously, how can one spend an entire week doing those things?  Yet, I did.  Ok kids, off to crossfit then going to make going to make Hungry Girl tuna casserole for dinner. 

XoXo

LG

No comments: