Thursday, June 2, 2011

Juin!

Welcome to June, friends!  This month brings all kinds of adventures pour moi, including a very long anticipated return to Paris!  Mon amour and I are headed to Europe next week for a quick stop in London then a week in La Ville Lumiere!  I. Am. So. Excited.  Seriously, I cannot stand myself!  As you may or may not know, I lived in Grenoble for six mois during undergrad and then in Paris for trois mois during law school.  (I also backpacked for an additional two months after the Grenoble stint, but that's another story!)  Paris is my favorite place on the planet, and I've been quite a few places.  There is something about it.... This time we are staying in an apartment in the Marais!  I'm very excited to explore a part of Paris that I haven't spent much time in.  I'm also insanely excited to share Paris avec mon amour!  It is going to be the best trip!  Now only if I hadn't left my bank card in the ATM on Tuesday.... Hmmm....

So, over the past few months I have made some changes in my life.  I was having the hardest time losing any weight and didn't feel great about myself.  During a trip to Vegas I saw an ad for Freshology.  It is a fresh meal delivery system.  For those not in the LA area (moi) you get FedEx deliveries on Monday and Wednesday.  The food is amazing.  No, seriously.  I initially signed up for 5 days (not 7 so I could not waste food on the weekends when I want to go out!) for four weeks.  I was getting such great results that I signed up for another 2 weeks!  I didn't lose mass amounts of weight (about 5lbs) but that was really all I needed to get a jump start. 

After eating that healthy for six weeks, I decided I really needed to make some real changes in my diet.  The main thing was I needed to get off of gluten (for the most part.)  I (self diagnosed) believe I have a gluten sensitivity.  My tummy gets all upset and I get bloated (all over, not just my tummy but hands and feet) when I eat too much bread.  My eyes get puffy.  It is just not good.  So, every Sunday and generally Thursday I head to my neighborhood Trader Joe's and stock up.  While I love to cook and bake, I have a rather demanding full time job so I have to keep breakfast and lunch (and sometimes dinner) as quick and easy as possible.  For breakfast most morning I have an individual size Fage 0% Greek Yogurt, 1 teaspoon agave, blueberries, and ground flax mixed together.  (I haven't been able to get entirely off of dairy but I'm working on it!)  Generally I'll also have one slice of rice bread toasted.  This keeps me going until noon when I have a salad (purchased premade from Trader Joe's).  I'll have some veggies (celery, carrots, cauliflower) and a slice of turkey as a snack.  Dinner usually consists of salmon or other fish and cooked veggies.  I have made this a couple of times for breakfast also.  I also tried this on Sunday (when I have more time to cook.)  I have to say, Fitnessista is one of my new fav blogs!  I'm loving all of her recipes and tips! 

Another new thing that I LOVE.  Seriously, LOVE.  CROSSFIT.  Holy moly are the workouts tough!  But, my trainer has been out of town and I really needed to get some hardcore workouts in.  I'm addicted.  I cannot wait to go tonight!  If you don't know what it is, go here and check it out.  I like to challenge myself and love the group atmosphere that the crossfit gyms have. 

On May 1 I completed my second half-marathon and I beat my last time by over 10 minutes! 

So, onwards and upwards to le moi de juin!  I have more lofty goals for this month, mostly to take a million (well, maybe not quite this many) pictures during my travels, continue to hit up crossfit 4 times a week, maybe check the Survivor run out, and continue to eat tons of yummy veggies and gluten free foods! 

Gros Bisous!  XO


No comments: