On July 5, 2009 I wrote a blog (after being inspired by another blog) on 30 before 30. Well folks, I turn 30 in less than three weeks so I think it is time to assess the damage.
1. Run a 1/2 marathon
In June, 2010 I ran the Seattle Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon w/ a time of 3:22!
2. Spend 3 weeks in Paris
Nope, but I did spend about 14 days in Italy! And went on a Mediterranean cruise!
3. Lose 15lbs and stay that weight
Not even close :-(
4. Go on a "yoga retreat" .... Maybe this one: costa rica yoga retreat at pura vida spa in alajuela, costa rica may 22-29, 2010??? http://www.kimberlywilson.com/workshops.html
5. Save and extra $150.00 per month for a big trip for 30th birthday (if I start in July this would mean $2250.00 by Oct 11, 2010)
Nope, I need to figure this one out though!
6. Start riding horses again
Yes, started in December 2009, am currently in the market for a show horse
7. Grow out my hair
8. Go to San Francisco
9. Go on an overnight hiking/camping trip
10. Hike Desolation Peak (and re-read Desolation Angels prior to hiking!)
11. Re-decorate my new home
Well.... this has been changed a bit as I moved in with the BF in May of this year... we are in progress!
12. Hire a housekeeper (
13. Fall in love
14. Stay in love
15. Complete "The Artist's Way"
Nope, but will be a goal for age 30!
16. Buy new camera and take a ton of pictures
My sister bought me a camera for Christmas, I have only been OK about taking pictures
17. Run a 5K
18. Give up red meat
18. Join DAR
19. Go to India
20. Adopt a puppy
My BF and I got a yellow lab puppy together!
21. Buy one really fabulous handbag and use it for most occasions (I got one as a gift!)
I was given one as a gift for Christmas!
22. STOP being hard on myself
I'm better.... this is an evolving process!
23. Spend time furthering career
Again, evolving process!
24. Spend money on decorating my apartment (like I want to live there for an extended period of time!)
See above, decorating the new house is a work in progress
25. Walk along the Oregon coast at sunrise
Not at sunrise but did at sunset
26. Stop being negative
Again, work in progress
27. Spend time in the grass reading a fabulous book
Not sure about the grass but definitely did this on a beach and cruise ship!
28. Believe in myself
Work in progress
29. Re-learn French
30. Be in the "now" and stop worrying so much about the past and future.
Trying desperately to do! Work in progress!
I am really quite proud of myself for completing as many of these tasks as I put forth. Some of them may be longer bucket list type goals. Doing India and three weeks in Paris in the same year was a bit lofty! I am going to spend some time over the next three weeks deciding what I want my age 30 goals to be... Birthdays are always a time of reflection for me. Why is turning 30 so insanely scary for me though???
Any advice on aging? Have you guys been meeting your goals?