Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NOVEMBER!


WOW, along with the rest of the world, WOW, it is November! This year has flown by. I'm actually glad for that, it makes me feel like I have been busy and not just sitting around doing nothing!

I haven't been blogging much lately, somehow time has slipped away from me. I miss it.

I have two goals this month -- write two blogs with actual topics and continue with my fitness plan.

As you may know, I have been struggling with my weight for several months now. I hired a personal trainer in July but didn't get great results. I recently changed trainers and have already lost 2 inches from my waist! (Let's not talk about the .5 I gained in my butt, what can I say, I'm hourglass!) This is a combination of eating "clean" and not eating refined carbs/bread/starch after 4 p.m., cardio four days a week (2 days endurance and 2 days intervals) and 2 days a week strength training. The eating part is the hardest for me b/c alcohol counts as a "white carb." And we know I love my wine! The best part about this is despite still not fitting into all of my clothes, I feel SO MUCH BETTER. I feel stronger, thinner (um, btw, havent' really lost any weight, I'm hoping it is b/c I am gaining muscle), healthier, I'm making better choices all around.

BUT LET ME TELL YOU, there are times when I want to KILL SOMEONE for a cupcake! Seriously. I also read recently that there is a link between seratonin production and white carbs. I'm not sure about the science of all of this, but I definitely had major withdrawels. Ask my boyfriend. Seriously, talk about being crazy after 7p.m. at night. The funny thing is, I'm excited about this. It sucks, I'm crabby, it is time consuming, but I'm still excited. I again feel like my body is a work of art. I sculpt it. I create how it looks. I by NO means want to become a body builder, but how cool would it be to say, I have 18/19% body fat? (Instead of ..... sorry guys, not gonna tell you!) To know that I worked sooooo hard on something and got amazing results. I think part of it is my trainer is really inspiring b/c she lives it. She looks it. She does it.

No comments: