Friday, June 26, 2009

Having one of those days...


I am having one of those days where I am just PISSED OFF at the world. I woke up late this morning, went upstairs to make tea and realized I DON"T HAVE A MICROWAVE. Remembered I have court this afternoon and only ONE of my suits fits me. I really wanted to wear my cute linen suit but couldn't even get it on over my hips. Finally got ready and got to the bus stop before I realized I forgot my lunch at home. I specifically went to Whole Foods last night to get a salad for lunch today because I am trying to lose weight. Then, got on the bus and remembered why I don't like to ride the bus. BO everywhere and me with my gym bag AND my work bag full of files knocking people around. I actually get a seat on the bus and then the bus driver and some woman get in a yelling match about giving some random guy directions. So, I have to get off of the bus and walk the rest of the way to work (probably better for the size of my ass anyway.) I decide to stop at Starbucks to get a nonfat iced latte as I haven't had any caffeine yet and some guy tries to wrestle with me through the door for a spot in line. Remember, I have a gym bag and a giant work bag full of files. I win. So, I get into work and the A-hole opposing counsel refuses to send me one of the documents I need to finalize my case.


Also, I am so overwhelmed at work I am almost frozen. I can't hardly keep track of everything I need to do and there are NOT enough hours in the day to get everything done. And, honestly, I work for a non-profit and make a non-profit salary so why kill myself? It isn't like I get paid based on my effort. It isn't like anyone even acknowledges me when I do something well. What is the point?


Anyone else have these days? What do you do to turn them around? I literally want to go home and crawl under the covers. But, even the kits are annoying me today and were being super needy this morning. UGH!


No comments: