Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wow, motivation, where did you go?

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

Wow.  I just updated my daily workout log.  And I have been LAZY since I went to Vegas a few weeks ago.  It is crazy how one week off (due to a neck/shoulder injury) can have such a dramatic effect.  I'm sure it also doesn't help that I have been spending 10-15 hours additional each week working on my NTP certification class while still holding down a full time job and trying to stay afloat.  I really admire people who are better at juggling and myself!

Let's take last night for example.  I had another *rough* day in the office.  I didn't get home until after six, had to make dinner and then my brain was fried.  I *should* have gotten on the treadmill to do some intervals but instead I watched Tuesday's episode of The Biggest Loser and drank Kombucha.  After that I lit a candle, drew up a bath and spent about an hour reading "A Clash of Kings" (the second book in the Fire and Ice series.)  How I wish I was doing that right now.... OK, that is a different story. 

I think the biggest thing is that I'm a smart girl, I technically *know* how to do things (meaning managing my time, working out, multi-tasking, lose weight) but I seem to always find an excuse.  I'm too busy.... I'm too tired.  But you know what people, sometimes I am too damn busy and too damn tired!  That's life!  So, what I am going to do is to not be hard on myself for slipping up a bit.  I'm going to take it as it is, realize that slip ups happen and move forward. 

Onward and upward, friends!  And if I'm not there yet you know I'm curled up on my bed or in the bath reading a good book, mentally escaping my day ;-)

XoXo

LG

No comments: