Friday, August 5, 2011

Antioxidants and Protein Power!!!

I always try to make breakfast the healthiest meal of the day.  Getting an equal amount of carbohydrates, fat and protein.  I also like to make sure I'm getting some other healthy nutrients including fiber and antioxidants.  This summer, one of my favorite things to make are smoothies!  This morning I made a frozen raspberry vanilla smoothie. 

Ingredients:  3/4 cup frozen raspberries (no sugar/other added ingredients)
                      1 cup 1% milk (I'm out of almond milk)
                      1T ground flax
                      1t vanilla
                      pinch of cinnamon
                     AND the most important ingredient
                     2 scoops Advocare Muscle Gain in vanilla

This lil baby tastes fantastic and not to mention so healthy!  Normally I do not use milk in my smoothies and opt for unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but it was OK in a pinch.  You could substitute the milk with almond milk, water, unsweetened juice, soy milk, or just about anything that sounds good to you!

What healthy meals are you guys whipping up this weekend?  What about exercise?  Make sure to try to get at least 30 minutes a day!

XoXo

Leslie

No comments: