Monday, September 12, 2011

What happens in Vegas....

Leads to the Advocare 24 day Challenge.  Seriously.  Did you really think  I did anything that would need to stay in Vegas?  Come on people!  I'm too old for that ;-)

So, after three days (only two nights though) of eating, drinking and being overall NOT healthy I'm back in business.  I started the amazing cleanse yesterday and already feel better today.  This means no booze, wheat or dairy for 10 days.  (I already cheated and had coffee w/ milk.... I just can't do almond or soy, it isn't the same.)  After the initial 10 days, you basically continue to eat the same but just change supplements to the Max burn phase.  You can also do carb cycling for the second phase if you like.  It surprises me how much easier it gets every time I do it.  The first time was hell.  Not gonna lie.  When you go from eating like crap to eating super clean and healthy your body freaks out a little bit.  But, everyone needs to detox.  So here I am, at my desk, with a giant bottle of water with lemons in it and typing away dreaming of ..... well nothing, I think I had enough of everything in Vegas ;-)

I've started my reading for my nutritional therapist program and it is really making me think about all of the crazy crap I have done to my body.  Seriously?!?!  How come I didn't know 10 years ago that eating tons of veggies, tiny amounts of dairy and only lean protein was the way to go?  I spent so much time trying to figure out how to lose weight that I forgot to be healthy.  Yeah, I'm over that.  Now I've decided I actually want to feel healthy not just look thin.  That, my friends, is a big difference.  And if you feel healthy you probably look healthy too.... just sayin' ;-) 

I wish I had some fun Vegas pix to post but I didn't take my camera this time around.  So instead, I'll leave you with an obligatory cute kitten picture for your enjoyment.


XoXo

LG

No comments: